Friday, April 30, 2010






















So our last night the school had several parties for us. We all hung out and talked about the good times we had. It made us all very sad. That night they had a bonfire in our honor. All the kids from the school gathered at Boca Del Rio Park and we played games and sang songs. It was so hard to leave all of our students that night. We all cried of course but we had other places we had to be so we had to leave. The next day everyone left except for me, Tess, Natalie, and Jeanne. We all stayed an extra night there instead of in Miami. Teacher Hector and Teacher Evette borrowed a 3 seat golf cart and took us to the next island to go to the beach and see all the great sights. The cooked us each a whole fish (the pic. above) and we ate it with the head attached and everything. I do not eat fish but I didn't want to hurt their feelings. It was surprisingly good! I may actually start eating fish now... haha. It is just amazing to me how generous these people are. They had to split a fish and gave their children hot dogs because that is what they could afford. They would rather give you all of their things that have anything for themselves. I just have never seen that kind of generosity anywhere before. I hope that I can be like these wonderful Belizean people that we have become great friends with. I want to keep in touch as much as possible and go visit if I can afford it. I had such a great experience that I will never forget!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing these experiences and, even better, your reflections. This is exactly what Dad and I hoped for you to get out of this opportunity! I wish that everyone had this kind of learning experience - we would be such a better nation.

    ReplyDelete