Thursday, April 22, 2010



















This experience has really opened my eyes to opportunities in other countries. I don't know if I can go back to the United States and be satisfied with what I am doing. I would love to travel and be immersed in many different cultures. I have enjoyed this experience so much and it has definately affected me as a teacher and a person. Here I have realized that I need to be more flexible in my teaching. Also, now I will be prepared for any school. Whether they have supplies, technology, or nothing at all. I am excited to learn more about my teaching style. The kids down here are so appreciative and they are super cute. Every morning when I walk in the classroom they say in unison "Good morning teacher Brianna!" It brightens my day! We are celebrities here. If we see our students out in town they flag us down and yell at us because they are so happy to have us here. I love it and think that in the United States we need a little more appreciation as teachers. Even the parents are more respectful and helpful. I can sense it whether or not they can speak English. It is just they way they talk to us and support us. I love this island and would move here if it was possible! I love the laid back environment and the sense of community!

No comments:

Post a Comment